Mr. Villanueva has extensive international legal experience, advising multinational companies on corporate, commercial and trade law since 2002. His clients have included five of the top 20 largest corporations in the world (Wal-Mart, State Grid of China, Glencore-Xstrata, Chevron and Apple). He has also acted as a corporate secretary and director for international branches of Yahoo! and Apple, in addition to advising Microsoft, Intel, PepsiCo, and Nokia.
In 2002, after graduating in the top five of his class, he was recruited by Baker & McKenzie, the world’s largest law firm. At Baker, he took key roles in many multi-million-dollar transactions. In 2015, he joined Morgan & Westfield as its Corporate Counsel.
Representative Skills and Experience
- Advised State Grid of China on its $4 billion acquisition of the national franchise for the operation of an international power transmission grid, one of the largest foreign investments in the country’s history; managed the due diligence team; negotiated with the government in relation to all major project documents.
- Advised KGL Investment — a private equity firm managing Kuwaiti sovereign wealth — in a deal valued at $1 billion for the construction of an 180-hectare aerotropolis; negotiated with Clark Airport and prepared all major project documents; assisted with the economic incentives under special economic zones.
- Advised Music Group (parent company of major audio company Behringer) in its due diligence and acquisition of Turbosound, a renowned U.K. loudspeaker manufacturer; assisted in Music Group's acquisition of a $4 million office complex in Manchester, England.
- Advised a Canadian investor in his acquisition of a $20 million share in a New York information technology LLC.
- Assisted Pall Corporation — one of the largest filtration and purification companies in the world — on its $15 million construction of a major water treatment facility; advised on corporate and transaction structure on local nationality requirements; negotiated with the government’s franchise holder; prepared all major project documents.
- Helped protect a London Stock Exchange-listed mining firm from legal risks in its construction and development of a major gold project with an estimated total gold reserve of over $1 billion.