In 2002, after graduating in the top five of his class, he was recruited by Baker & McKenzie, the world’s largest law firm. At Baker, he took key roles in many multi-million-dollar transactions. In 2015, he joined Morgan & Westfield as its Corporate Counsel.
Representative Skills and Experience
- Advised State Grid of China on its $4 billion acquisition of the national franchise for the operation of an international power transmission grid, one of the largest foreign investments in the country’s history; managed the due diligence team; negotiated with the government in relation to all major project documents.
- Advised KGL Investment — a private equity firm managing Kuwaiti sovereign wealth — in a deal valued at $1 billion for the construction of an 180-hectare aerotropolis; negotiated with Clark Airport and prepared all major project documents; assisted with the economic incentives under special economic zones.
- Advised Music Group (parent company of major audio company Behringer) in its due diligence and acquisition of Turbosound, a renowned U.K. loudspeaker manufacturer; assisted in Music Group's acquisition of a $4 million office complex in Manchester, England.
- Advised a Canadian investor in his acquisition of a $20 million share in a New York information technology LLC.
- Assisted Pall Corporation — one of the largest filtration and purification companies in the world — on its $15 million construction of a major water treatment facility; advised on corporate and transaction structure on local nationality requirements; negotiated with the government’s franchise holder; prepared all major project documents.
- Helped protect a London Stock Exchange-listed mining firm from legal risks in its construction and development of a major gold project with an estimated total gold reserve of over $1 billion.