Orhcestrating a Successful Closing
Successfully closing the sale of your business requires a coordinated commitment by all parties to use tried and true legal documentation. You are rewarded with lower legal fees, fewer unwanted surprises, and a mutually satisfactory and profitable purchase experience.
Morgan & Westfield provides expert closing support that includes:
- Coordinating the drafting of escrow instructions.
- Clearing outstanding contingencies.
- Coordinating the preparation of an escrow company document package.
- If applicable, obtaining franchisor and landlord approval or assignment.
- Developing an orderly turnover plan.
- Drafting the allocation of the purchase price.
- Negotiating equitable closing costs and escrow fees.
- Coordinating activities between the attorney, landlord, CPA, insurance agents, and escrow officers representing both sides in the transaction.
The Final Step
A smooth, quick closing is the final step to selling your business. Don’t let last minute foul-ups delay the process. Morgan & Westfield can help ensure that documents have been prepared, approvals have been received, and generally make sure everything is ready for the actual closing. Then all you need to do is sign on the dotted line. Then, you’ve sold your business. You can move on and get started with the rest of your life.