Business Brokers of Huntsville, Alabama
Whether you’re ready to sell a business or still contemplating selling your company, learning about how business brokers could help you with the sale puts you in control of your plans. Our business brokers provide services that can complete the more complex aspects of selling a business. We offer:
- Business Appraisals: Our team performs a formal appraisal of your company and uses this information to provide an estimate of your business’s value
- Offering Documents: We prepare a 15-to-20-page business portfolio that highlights essential information about your business including your company’s overall performance and competitive advantage in the market. Buyers appreciate detailed, accurate and professionally prepared business portfolio that can help them make an informed offer
- Confidential Marketing: We carry out a customized confidential marketing campaign to advertise your business and help you attract quality buyers without comprising confidentiality
- Buyer Screening: Interested buyers who contact our office are interviewed and researched to ensure that you are connected to only the highest quality buyers
- Negotiation Facilitation: We prepare you for the negotiation process
- Deal Structuring Assistance: Our team assists you in structuring your sale in a way that is conducive to the sale’s success
- Securing Financing: Our brokers help you finance your sale and structure your financing terms in a way that is conducive to successful repayment
- Closing Services: We assist you with completing all of the paperwork to finalize your sale
We Value Confidentiality as Much as You Do
One of our most sought-after services is our confidential marketing campaign. Effectively marketing your business’s sale is an integral part of the sales process. Failure to execute an effective marketing campaign will make it almost impossible for you to attract buyers, making a successful sale unlikely.
Advertising the sale of a business is unlike any other type of advertising. You cannot put out a “for sale” sign or simply create an advertisement that says this company is for sale. Advertising a business’s sale requires subtlety and discretion. This is due to the reason that a business’s sale, unlike any other type of sale, must be completed confidentially. To accomplish this task, our team of business advisors has developed a system for confidentially marketing business sales. Interested buyers are screened and asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement before they are allowed to view your business’s offering document. This marketing strategy maintains the anonymity of your business, thereby ensuring a confidential sale.
You may be wondering why it is so important that your sale remains confidential. Failure to maintain a confidential sale can do significant damage to your business. If your customers learn about the sale, they might take their business elsewhere. Your suppliers might refuse to continue working with you or offer you unfavorable contract terms, and your competitors might view it as an opportunity to increase their market share. All of these possible outcomes will negatively impact your business’s sale, driving your market value down and discouraging potential buyers from seriously considering purchasing your business. For these reasons, it is vital that your business is sold confidentially.
Your Business Deserves Quality Buyers
For your sale to be successful in the long term, you will need to work with qualified buyers who are both financially capable of purchasing your business and intellectually capable of managing your business. If your buyer does not possess both of these qualities, the business may fail and your buyer may default on their payments, resulting in legal battles and an unsuccessful sale.
At the Huntsville, Alabama, office of Morgan & Westfield, our business brokers will personally screen all of your potential buyers. We will interview them to learn more about their interest in your company and we will investigate their financial history to verify that they have a record of successfully repaying their debts. These buyers will also be asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement to ensure that your information remains confidential. And they can even be required to make an initial offer (with contingencies) before they have full access to your business’s information. Screening the buyers in this way ensures that you will only be connected to qualified buyers who are legitimately interested in purchasing your business.
Where in Madison County Do We Offer Our Services?
Our business advisors have hundreds of years of combined experience in facilitating business sales in Northern Alabama. Our extensive experience in this region has given us a unique understanding of the dynamics of this marketplace. It has also enabled our business brokers to develop a deep connection to the communities that make up this region. We have a particularly deep connection to the communities that make up Madison, Limestone, Morgan, Marshall, and Jackson counties, as well as the Southern Tennessee area of Lincoln County. Specific communities within these counties that our business advisors have a connection to include:
- Madison County: Huntsville, Meridianville, Hazel Green, Plevna, New Market, Toney, Harvest, Ryland, Marysville, Brownsboro, Gurley, Big Cove, Madison, Redstone Arsenal, Moores Mill, Triana, Hobbs Island and New Hope.
- Limestone County: Capshaw, Ardmore, Trach, Elkmont, Piney Chapel, Athens, Belle Mina, Greenbrier, and Mooresville.
- Morgan County: Lacey Springs, Union Hill, Apple Grove, Florette, Six Mile, Somerville, Brooksville, Priceville, Falkville, Hartselle, Neel, Basham, Trinity, Austinville, and Decatur.
- Marshall County: Grant, Union Grove, Arab, Egypt, and Guntersville.
- Jackson County: Estillfork, Hytop, Skyline, Princeton, Hollytree, Trenton, Pleasant Groves, Paint Rock, Woodville, Aspel, Lim Rock, and Scottsboro.
- Lincoln County Tennessee: Taft, Blanche, Dellrose, Kirkland, Elora, Flintville, and Fayetteville.
Our connection to these communities and the knowledge that we have accumulated through operating exclusively in this region enables our business brokers to facilitate hundreds of local sales each year. To learn more about our services and what we can do to facilitate the successful sale of your business, contact us now.