Business Brokers of Morgan & Westfield, Columbus, Georgia Office
At the Columbus, Georgia, office of Morgan & Westfield, our business brokers have established a reputation for providing quality service to our clients by working exclusively with the business owners of our local communities. This includes the communities of both Western Georgia and Eastern Alabama, specifically:
- Georgia: Columbus, Bibb City, Columbus City, Fort Benning, Upatoi, Weracoba Heights, Cataula, Hamilton, Ellerslie, Box Springs, Juniper, Geneva, Cusseta, Zellobee, Buena Vista, Hopewell, Pine Mountain, Shiloh, Manchester, Woodland, Talbotton, Mauk, Junction City, Ellaville, Omaha, Richland and Hamilton.
- Alabama: Phenix City, Smiths Station, Ladonia, Crawford, Seale, Fort Mitchell, Hugley, Beauregard, Holy Trinity, Glenville, Pittsview, Hurtsboro, Opelika and Auburn.
By focusing all of our efforts on operating locally, our business brokers have been able to develop a unique understanding of the marketplace. We understand how businesses are valued here, how sales are marketed, how to make potential buyers aware of the assets that this region has to offer and what potential challenges you may face as you go through the sales process. By utilizing our understanding of the marketplace as well as the many local connections that we have established through the years, our business brokers are able to facilitate hundreds of sales each year. With our hundreds of years of combined experience in facilitating business sales, we have developed a system for facilitating successful sales throughout this region. To learn more about the Morgan & Westfield system and how we can utilize it to facilitate your sale, contact the Columbus, Georgia, office of Morgan & Westfield today.
Advice for a Successful Sale
As part of our commitment to providing you with quality service, our business brokers will guide you through the sales process. We will continuously provide you with advice to help you overcome unexpected obstacles, prevent common mistakes and facilitate a smoother sales process. Some of the common advice that our business brokers provide includes:
- Prepare for your sale before the sales process begins: Potential buyers will want to see verifiable information about your company. They want to see your financial records, performance history and information about your products. Having all of this information prepared ahead of time will make the sales process easier for you. It will also give buyers the impression that you are taking your business’s sale seriously.
- Keep running your business: Buyers want to invest in a company that will prosper. The best way to show buyers that your company is a viable investment is for them to see your business running to its fullest potential. For this to happen, you must continue to run your business’s daily operations as if you are not selling at all. Continuing to operate in this way will also help you to maintain or even gain market share, increasing your company’s market value.
- Maintain flexible pricing expectations: There are countless factors that can impact the way your business is valued in the open market. Many of these factors are even external to your business. For this reason, you must remember that the appraisal that our business brokers provide you is only an estimate. Your business’s value may fluctuate over time, so you must maintain some level of flexibility in terms of your pricing expectations.
- Do not take negotiations personally: You obviously have a personal connection to your business; after all, you have dedicated so much of yourself to building your business into what it is today. But you must remember that the sale of your business is not personal, and neither is the negotiation process. So you must take care not to take any aspect of this process personally, as this can cause negotiations to break down and make your business far more challenging to sell.
- Keep your sale confidential: If your competitors, customers, suppliers or even your employees learn about the sale before the sale is closed, the value of your company could be in jeopardy. These information leaks can damage your business’s reputation and drive the value down. You must do everything you can to sell your business discreetly.
- Consider financing your own sale: While seller financing does come with some risks, there are also many advantages to financing your own sale. You can command a higher price, expedite the sale, reduce your tax obligations, collect interest on your sale price and attract more buyers.
- Sell to a quality buyer: In many ways, your sale’s long-term success depends on your ability to sell your business to a quality buyer. They can continue to grow your business, continue to employ your employees, build off of your work and successfully repay the debt that they incurred by purchasing your business. To ensure a successful sale in the long-term, you should always be selective about the buyers who you work with, enabling you to sell to a quality buyer.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
If you are selling a business in the Columbus metropolitan area and you are interested in utilizing our services, please contact our Columbus, Georgia, office to schedule a free consultation with one of our brokers. This meeting is completely free and confidential, and it comes with absolutely no obligations. Our business brokers will discuss your business with you and explain how you can benefit from utilizing our services. We will also answer your questions and help you take the first steps toward successfully selling your business. To schedule your free consultation, contact the Columbus, Georgia, office of Morgan & Westfield today.