Get Professional Help in Selling Your Business
Our business advisors at the Hartford, Connecticut, office of Morgan & Westfield have more than 100 years of combined experience. Each year, we facilitate hundreds of business sales in Hartford and the communities that surround Connecticut’s capital. We are experts in this process.
Our business advisors have facilitated sales of companies of all types and sizes, with values ranging from $50,000 to $50 million. So no matter the size or type of business that you are selling, our team is fully qualified to help you.
Our business advisors will explain the process of selling a business to you, assist you in completing or complete the tasks associated with selling a business, and offer advice to help you avoid costly errors — all while providing continuous support as you go through each step in the sales process. By providing these services, our business advisors will ensure that your business is successfully sold.
The Process of Selling Your Business
As a business owner, it is likely that you have never been through the process of selling a business. So the first task of our business advisors will be to provide you with a detailed explanation of what to expect from each step in the process. We will explain how our services will complete or help you complete each of these steps and how to overcome any obstacles. While the process may need to be altered based on your specific situation, it generally includes:
- Making the decision to sell your business.
- Having your business appraised by our professional business advisors.
- Creating an offering document for you.
- Discreetly advertising the sale of your business.
- Pre-screening potential buyers.
- Performing due diligence.
- Negotiating with the potential buyer.
- Reaching a deal.
- Securing financing and finalizing the paperwork.
Some steps may be added to or removed from this process in accordance with the sale of your business. We will guide you in making the appropriate adjustments to accommodate your unique situation. In doing so, we will both eliminate confusion and make the process easier for you.
Explaining Our Services
Our business advisors will explain the overall process of selling your business. Then, they will demonstrate how each of our services can help in successfully selling your company. These services include:
- Support: We will provide continuous support and guidance to ensure that there is never any confusion or unanswered questions.
- Connections: Our business advisors will use their local connections so that any tasks that are outside of our area of expertise are addressed by the appropriate professionals.
- Confidentiality: Our business advisors will do everything in our power to protect your privacy at all times. We will use non-disclosure agreements and take all necessary steps to protect your confidentiality, thereby protecting your privacy and your company’s value. Our business brokers will also advise you on steps that you can take to protect yourself.
- Advice: We will give you continuous advice and assistance with every aspect of the sale, thus helping you avoid common mistakes that could otherwise be costly.
These intangible and tangible services work together to facilitate the successful sale of your business.
Facilitating Business Sales in Hartford, Connecticut
Our business advisors at the Hartford, Connecticut, office of Morgan & Westfield will supply you with more than just general information and guidance. We will also provide you with the assistance of a team of business advisors who have extensive local knowledge.
Because we have been working with local business owners for so long, we have developed a strong connection to the local marketplace. This connection can prove invaluable in many aspects of selling your business. We understand how businesses are valued in this market, the challenges of selling a business here, and all of the intricacies of this dynamic marketplace. This knowledge represents a key advantage in selling your business through one of our local business advisors.
Our business advisors possess this local knowledge not only in Hartford but also in many of the communities that make up this region of Connecticut. We have this knowledge because of our strong local connection to many of the communities that make up Central Connecticut. We are especially connected to the communities of:
Hartford, West Hartford, East Hartford, Newington, Farmington, New Britain, Plainville, Bristol, Southington, Meriden, Middletown, Rocky Hill, Berlin, Glastonbury, Marlborough, Bolton, Manchester, Vernon, Avon, Canton, Simsbury, Bloomfield, Granby, Windsor Locks, Windsor, South Windsor, East Windsor, Ellington, Suffield and Enfield.
With our knowledge of this region, we are uniquely capable of assisting you in selling your business. If you are selling a business in Central Connecticut, contact the Hartford, Connecticut, office of Morgan & Westfield to learn more about how we can make selling your business easier for you.