Why Should You Seek Help from a Business Broker?
Other than simply utilizing a broker’s expertise to relieve the pressure of selling your business, there are many other reasons why selling your business through a professional business broker is a no-brainer.
- You Need to Sell and Run Your Business Simultaneously. It is important that while you are selling your business, you continue to maintain your daily operations as usual. But running a business is time-consuming and, unfortunately, so is selling a business, making it nearly impossible to give both the attention they require. This causes you to either neglect the process of selling your business, which leads to mistakes and prolongs the process, or neglects the daily operations of your business, which can diminish your company’s value. By working with the business brokers at Morgan & Westfield, you are free to focus on running your business while we handle the time-consuming task of selling your business.
- You Want a More Efficient and a Faster Sale. Related to the issue of running and selling your business simultaneously is the issue of how long it takes to sell your business and how efficient the sales process could be. Because you don’t have the time to devote to the sales process or the resources to expose your business to a large pool of potential buyers, the process takes longer. But because our business brokers can devote the proper time to selling the business and expose it to more buyers, we are able to expedite and make the process more efficient, which saves you not only time but also money.
- You Intend to Minimize Stress Related to the Sale. You have worked so hard to build your business and now you are going through a process that is relatively foreign to you — which can be extremely stressful. By guiding you through the process, reducing your responsibilities, and providing you with continuous support, our brokers can make selling your business much less stressful.
- You Desire to Maximize Profits from the Sale. After putting so much effort into building your business, you want to make sure that you maximize your profits. Many business owners think that in order to maximize their profits, they should sell their business on their own; this is almost always a mistake. In fact, business owners who sell their business personally almost always sell for significantly below its market value. Even when you consider the costs associated with a business broker, these people are still profiting less than they would otherwise. This is because a business broker can prevent costly errors from being made and can help you to negotiate a better price. Both of these will significantly increase your profit from the sale. At Morgan & Westfield, your ability to maximize your profits is increased because we do not charge a commission. Our unique business model allows us to charge fees (which are discussed beforehand), instead of commissions. Fees depend on the specific services that you require. In many cases, these fees are thousands of dollars lower than the cost of the average commission that other business brokerage firms will charge. So when you sell your business with one of our business brokers at the Kent, Washington, office of Morgan & Westfield, we will both help you sell for a higher price and charge you less money.
- You Want to Protect Your Company’s Value by Avoiding Costly Mistakes. Because most business owners do not have experience in selling a business, costly mistakes are common. Under the guidance of our business brokers, these mistakes can be avoided, thereby protecting your company’s value. Our business brokers protect you in another way as well — we work to protect your privacy. When you are selling a business, failure to keep the information confidential can be disastrous. Not only will it be far more stressful to have people continually ask you about the sale, but your company’s value can also be in jeopardy, especially if opportunistic competitors learn of the sale too early in the process.
Where in Kent, Washington Do We Offer Our Services?
When selling your business, you should always get help from a professional business broker — but not just any business broker. A local business broker can connect you to other industry professionals like local bankers, lawyers, and accountants. These people can be extremely helpful throughout the process of selling your business.
A local business broker’s knowledge of your marketplace can be a key asset. They will understand the challenges and advantages of your location, and how businesses are valued and sold in this market. It is because of this knowledge that our business brokers at the Kent, Washington, office of Morgan & Westfield have been so successful in this region of Washington.
Through our understanding of this marketplace, we are able to facilitate hundreds of successful business sales each year. We are able to do this because of the knowledge that we have accumulated about the communities that make up this region of Washington. In this area, our business brokers have more than 100 years of combined experience. We are particularly knowledgeable about the following communities:
Kent, Renton, Sea Tac, Des Moines, Lakeland North, Covington, Cascade-Fairwood, Tukwila, Hobart, Maple Valley, Ravensdale, Auburn, Puyallup, Tacoma, Bellevue, and Seattle.
If you want to learn more about our services and how we can help you sell your business, contact the Kent, Washington, office of Morgan & Westfield today. We offer a free consultation. Your success is our commitment. Call us now.