Services Offered by Morgan & Westfield, Montgomery, Alabama
Selling a business is one of the most important decisions you will ever make in your life. Because of this, it is important that you are fully prepared to handle the sale. You don’t have to do it alone. Our business advisors are here to give you advice as you go through each step of the process so that you know what to expect, and your questions are answered. To help you succeed in your journey as a business seller, our team of Business advisors at the Montgomery, Alabama, office of Morgan & Westfield provides the following technical services:
- Exit Planning: This is the time for you to be clear about the options you have so that you can make a smart choice and prepare for the future. Our business advisors will speak with you about your business’s future and discuss possible options for your business after you have moved on from it.
- Appraisals: As a seller, you need to set an asking price based on a systematic appraisal. Our team will analyze your business from multiple perspectives, provide you with an estimate of your business’s market value and recommend an asking price for your business.
- Confidential Marketing: You value confidentiality, and we know that. That’s why we have designed an effective ‘confidential marketing system’ to help you successfully find high-quality buyers for your business while maintaining the confidentiality of the sale.
- Buyer Screening: You deserve to spend your time dealing only with qualified buyers. We screen those who express interest in your business to ensure that you are connected only to qualified buyers.
- Offering Documents: You want quality buyers to see the best of your business. What other great way to do this than to provide a professionally prepared, detailed and accurate business portfolio? We help prepare a compelling 15-to-25-page business portfolio that you can show quality buyers to help them make a more informed offer.
- Negotiation Facilitation: All sales go through negotiations. You may find yourself not totally prepared for this, so we are prepared and equipped to guide you throughout the negotiation process.
- Deal Structuring Services: Once a deal is reached in principle for the sale of your business, our advisors will structure the terms of your deal to successfully sell your company.
- Closing Services: The deal isn’t over until the closing stage is complete. After your sale is structured and all of the terms have been outlined and legally agreed upon, our team will assist you in closing the sale. You won’t have to do all the paperwork on your own. We can help you complete them to make the sale official.
How Can You Get the Best Price for Your Business?
You want to sell your business at the best price possible. How can you do this? The answer is simple, yet may not be easy: Take advantage of the negotiation process. Don’t go to the negotiation table without being fully prepared. Only you can actually negotiate with buyers. So, what can our business advisors do to help you get the best price for your business at this stage? We will prepare you for negotiations, advise you throughout this process, help you to make informed decisions, suggest ways to respond to any offer, and guide you throughout the overall negotiation process.
And because we want you to succeed in every step particularly during the negotiation process, here are a few tips to help you have the right perspective as you negotiate with buyers:
- Set Realistic Expectations. Remember that only what a buyer is willing to spend can determine your business’s actual value. Every appraisal that you receive is only an estimate of this value. Many other factors can impact your business value and as these dynamic factors change, so too will the value of your company. Set realistic expectations. Be flexible in your perception of your company’s value.
- Be Strategic. Negotiating requires planning. Having a strategy and knowing what you hope to get out of your sale will help you immensely as you go through this process. Don’t leave money on the table. Our business advisors can help you to be fully prepared for negotiations before they begin.
- Consider Every Offer an Opportunity. Buyers commonly make initial offers that are very low. While some business owners tend to find these offers offensive and take them personally, you can consider this your chance to go to the negotiating table with the buyers. They expect you to negotiate. Consider every offer an opportunity to continue working towards your ultimate goal.
- Be Accommodating. Buyers usually want to schedule a meeting with you, and they ask for some specific information. Be as accommodating as possible. You want the buyers to feel more comfortable with you so that negotiations could become much easier.
- Put Negotiations in Proper Perspective. Your business is very important to you. That is why, sometimes, negotiations could become emotional. It’s important, however, to keep the negotiation process in proper perspective. You want to get the best price, and the buyers want to have the best deal. All offers and discussions are strictly business decisions. When negotiations become personal, the entire process can become contentious, resulting in poor business decisions and harming the relationship between you and your buyer. Don’t let emotions get in the way of successfully selling your company.
Where in Montgomery, Alabama Do We Offer our Services?
Our business advisors at the Montgomery office work exclusively with the local business owners particularly in the following communities:
Montgomery, Prattville, Millbrook, Coosada, Elmore, Blue Ridge, Wetumpka, Eclectic, Central, Weoka, Equality, Holtville, Titus, Pine Level, Deatsville, Browntown, White City, Booth, Independence, White Water, Autaugaville, Tyler, Benton, White Hall, Burkville, Lowndesboro, Hayneville, Mosses, Gordonville, Letohatchee, Ramer, Grady, Sandy Ridge, Panola, Highland Home, Honoraville, Troy, Needmore, Saco, Union Springs, Cecil, Matthews, Mt Meigs, Fitzpatrick, Fort Davis, Hardaway, Mt Andrew, Shorter, Tuskegee, Little Texas, Franklin, Tallahassee, Notasulga, Burlington, and Kent.
In addition to these specific communities, we serve many of the neighboring communities that make up this region.
Whether you’re ready to sell or still contemplating selling your business, now is the time contact the Morgan & Westfield office in Montgomery, Alabama. We offer free consultations. Call us now.