Services Provided by Portland, Oregon, Morgan & Westfield
At the Portland, Oregon, office of Morgan & Westfield, our business brokers utilize a variety of services to guide you through the sales process. Some of the primary services that our business brokers provide include:
- Assistance planning your sale
- Business appraisals
- Confidential marketing services
- Buyer screening
- Due diligence
- Negotiation facilitation
- Facilitation of the closing process
- Referral to other industry professionals
Advantages of Selling Through Morgan & Westfield
Through utilizing the services that our business brokers provide, we are able to guide you through a smooth and successful sales process. Some of the advantages of utilizing our services include:
- An expedited sales process
- A completely confidential sale
- A higher selling price
- Access to quality buyers
- Access to other local industry professionals
- Access to a national audience of potential buyers
- Assistance with all paperwork needed to close your sale
- Access to expert guidance
- Assistance financing your sale
- Your company will be sold with long-term success in mind
What to Expect From the Sales Process
One of the most important services that our business brokers provide is advice. We not only guide you through the sales process and provide technical services to facilitate the sale of your business, but also teach you about the sales process.
Our business brokers know that most business owners have never sold a business before, and as a result may not know what to expect. This makes an already stressful sales process even more challenging. To alleviate this stress, our business brokers make sure that you always know what to expect.
Every business sale has its own unique intricacies and nuances. However, there are some things that are standard aspects of the sales process and can be expected from any sale. Some of the common aspects of any sale include:
- Buyers will usually want to have the sale financed either through a lending service or through the seller.
- Buyers will expect to negotiate the terms and price of your sale.
- Buyers will want to review as much information about your company as possible, so you should be prepared to disclose information to potential buyers.
- You will most likely be asked to sign a non-compete agreement.
- You should be prepared to refrain from telling anyone about your sale (including employees) until the sale is finalized.
- You should expect to utilize confidentiality agreements with anyone involved in your sale.
Business Brokers of Oregon’s Multnomah County
At the Portland, Oregon, office of Morgan & Westfield, our business brokers have extensive experience in facilitating business sales throughout the Multnomah County region of Northwestern Oregon. Our brokers are particularly experienced at facilitating sales in the communities that make up Northwestern Oregon and Southwestern Washington, specifically:
- Northwestern Oregon: Portland, Scappoose, Sauvie Island, Holbrook, Burlington, North Palms, Mountaindale, Helvetia, Hillsboro, Beaverton, Tigard, Durham, Tualatin, Stafford, Hoodview, Wilsonville, Lake Oswego, West Lynn, Oregon City, Gladstone, Milwaukie, Happy Valley, Sunnyside, Damascus, Boring, Springdale and Gresham.
- Southwestern Washington: Vancouver, Camas, Mill Plain, Fern Prairie, Ireland, Proebstel, Livingston, Orchards, Minnehaha, Walnut Grove, Felida, Sara, Baker, Mount Vista, Pioneer, Hockinson, Brush Prairie, Battleground, Alpine, Cherry Grove, Lewisville, Venersborg and Meadow Glade.
Each year our business brokers facilitate hundreds of successful business sales in the communities that make up this region. These sales include companies ranging in value from $50,000 to more than $85 million, and in nearly every industry. If you are considering selling a business in this region, contact the Portland, Oregon, office of Morgan & Westfield to learn more about how we can facilitate your sale.