What to Look for in a Business Broker
Selling your business is your one opportunity to capitalize on all of the efforts that you have invested into building your business into the success that it is today. Because this process comes with such high stakes, it is vital that you have the assistance of a team of business brokers that are capable of ensuring a smooth and successful process. The best way to know that you are working with a team of business brokers that fit this description is to consider the following criteria:
- Honest Advice: Many business brokers simply tell you what you want to hear. At Morgan & Westfield, our business brokers will help you make informed decisions about selling a business. This is only possible if you are receiving accurate information and honest advice.
- Track Record: One of the best ways to determine if a business broker or firm operates in a way that is conducive to facilitating successful sales is to consider that broker’s or firm’s track record. At Morgan & Westfield, we facilitate hundreds of successful sales each year.
- Experience: In order for a broker to provide you with the best possible advice, they need to have a deep understanding of the sales process. The only way to gain this level of understanding is through actual sales experience. At Morgan & Westfield, our business brokers not only facilitate hundreds of sales each year, they also have hundreds of years of combined experience in facilitating the sales process. The level of experience that our brokers have amassed uniquely qualifies us to facilitate any business’s sale.
- Connections: No one broker can be an expert at everything. So it is always best to work with a broker who has the ability to connect you to other local industry professionals should a situation arise that your broker is unable to handle. At Morgan & Westfield, our business brokers have countless connections both locally and nationally. These include lawyers, accountants, tax professionals, bankers and many other professionals that can aid you in overcoming any obstacles that may arise. When you sell your business through Morgan & Westfield, you can rest assured that you will always have access to the help that you need.
- National Reach: When you are selling your business it is important to reach a large audience of potential buyers. This includes buyers on both a local and national level. At Morgan & Westfield, the brokers at each of our local offices have access to a proprietary database that contains contact information for thousands of potential buyers who have been registered into our system at our various offices around the country. We also have the resources to implement a confidential marketing campaign that will reach buyers on a national level.
- Ethics: It is important to work with a business brokerage firm that you can trust to provide ethical service. At Morgan & Westfield, our business brokers have established a reputation for providing quality service that is based on a solid ethical foundation. All of our business brokers subscribe to the strict code of ethics that was established by the International Business Brokers Association. It is this code of ethics that guides our business brokers and ensures that we continue to operate in accordance with our high standards.
- Reputation: In many ways, your business will be judged by the reputation of the firm that you choose to work with. If you choose to utilize the services of a firm with a poor reputation, that will reflect on your company in the eyes of potential buyers. That is why it is so important that you work with a team of business brokers that have a good reputation. At Morgan & Westfield, we are dedicated to maintaining our reputation for providing honest, professional and reliable service that is based on our superior ethical standards.
Who Is Morgan & Westfield?
Morgan & Westfield is a nationally recognized business brokerage firm. We are also one of the largest, most successful and most respected firms in North America. The national Morgan & Westfield firm is made up of many smaller offices that are located throughout the United States. Each of these offices is dedicated to exclusively serving the business owners of its respective region.
While each of our local offices exclusively serves their own local communities, they do not operate entirely on their own. All Morgan & Westfield offices are bonded together by a common set of resources, values, standards, and way of doing business. It is because all of our offices operate based on these same principles that we have been able to build our reputation for providing quality service. And it is this continuity that has enabled Morgan & Westfield to become so successful.
Business Brokers of Morgan & Westfield, Saint Louis, Missouri
While Morgan & Westfield is a national firm, each local office is focused exclusively on working with the business owners of their own local communities. By operating in this way, we are able to provide you with all of the benefits of working with a national firm while also providing you with all of the advantages of local service.
At the St. Louis, Missouri, office of Morgan & Westfield, our business brokers exclusively serve the business owners of this section of Eastern Missouri and Western Illinois. Specifically:
- Eastern Missouri: St. Louis, Clayton, Jennings, Ferguson, Berkeley, Black Jack, Old Jamestown, Machens, Black Walnut, Kampville, Florissant, Mehlville, Oakville, Arnold, Imperial, Antonia, Otto, Scottsdale, Hoene Spring, Pacific, Eureka, Crescent, Sherman, Fenton, Valley Park, Crestwood, Webster Groves, Kirkwood, Ballwin, Creve Coeur, Maryland Heights, Bridgeton, Chesterfield, Cottleville, O’Fallon, St. Peters and St. Charles.
- Western Illinois: Alton, Godfrey, East Alton, Wood River, Rosewood Heights, Bethalto, Moro, Midway, Hamel, Roxana, Hartford, Marine, Edwardsville, Chouteau Island, Glen Carbon, Troy, St. Jacob, Highland, Maryville, Granite City, Madison, Collinsville, Lumaghi Heights, Hollywood Heights, Sauget, Cahokia, Dupo, Centreville, Imbs, Westview, Columbia, Millstadt, Smithton, Freeburg, Wilderman, Rentschler, Mascoutah, New Memphis, New Baden, Trenton, Summerfield, Lebanon, Shiloh, Scott AFB, O’Fallon, Fairview Heights, Swansea and Belleville.
Each year our business brokers facilitate hundreds of successful sales within these communities. If you are selling a business in one of these communities or one of the neighboring communities that make up this region, our business brokers are here to help. To learn more about the services that we provide and how our business brokers can facilitate the successful sale of your business, contact the St. Louis, Missouri, office of Morgan & Westfield today.