Cape Coral, Florida, office of Morgan & Westfield, Business Brokers and M&A Services
Our business brokers can help ensure that every step in the business selling process will be completed successfully. By taking care of all of the details for you, you will be able to continue running your business and handle the more general aspects of your business’ sale.
We provide the following services:
- Exit Planning: Our business brokers will help you plan for your business’s future and prepare you for the sale even before the process begins.
- Business Appraisals: Our business brokers will perform a formal appraisal of your business. We will consider your assets, liabilities, historical performance, your local market, and many other factors. Our findings will then be presented to you in a formal business valuation report.
- Offering Documents: We will prepare a 15-to-20-page summary of your company’s important information for potential buyers.
- Marketing: Our business brokers will create and implement a marketing campaign that will notify a vast audience of potential buyers about your business’s impending sale.
- Buyer Screening: Buyers who express interest in purchasing your business in response to our marketing campaign will be prompted to contact Morgan & Westfield. Before they receive any information about your business, they will be screened and asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- Negotiation Facilitation: You will be prepared for the negotiation process and be advised on potential negotiation strategies. Our business brokers will provide continuous guidance throughout this process and assist you with structuring your sale.
- Securing Financing: We will help you secure funding for your sale and structure your financing terms to ensure successful repayment.
- Closing Services: Our business brokers will make sure that all contractual obligations are met and paper work is completed to successfully close the sale.
How will you benefit from these services? Here are a few ways:
- Time: Business owners who sell privately often find the sales process to be time-consuming, which then causes the sale to take longer. By completing these tasks for you, our business brokers could help expedite the sale by saving you the time it takes to complete each of these activities.
- Price: Through connecting you with quality buyers, accurately valuing your company, and assisting you with negotiations, we ensure that your business’s price will be maximized.
- Error-Free Sales: Business owners who sell their own businesses often make innocent mistakes because of their lack of experience. At Morgan & Westfield, we have the experience to avoid any inadvertent mistakes and maintain an error-free sale.
- Stress: By teaching you about the sales process and reducing your responsibilities, the sales process will become less stressful for you.
Confidentially Marketing Your Business’ Sale
One of the most important services that our business brokers provide is our marketing services. A business cannot be sold without a buyer, and a buyer will never know that your business is for sale if the sale is not effectively marketed. However, marketing the sale of your business is entirely different from marketing the sale of other products or services. You cannot simply put a sign out or make a commercial advertising your sale.
Marketing for business sales must be done confidentially. If your business’ sale is not marketed confidentially and your customers, employees, suppliers, or competitors find out about the sale, the results could be devastating.
At the Cape Coral, Florida office of Morgan & Westfield, our business brokers are experts in the art of confidential marketing.
When we advertise the sale of your business, we do so using generic information. For example, the ad may contain general information about your location, industry, and size, but this information will not be specific enough to actually identify your business.
These ads will be placed on a variety of web sites that are frequented by individuals that are likely to be interested in your business. Our ads will prompt interested buyers to contact the Cape Coral, Florida office of Morgan & Westfield.
Interested buyers who contact our office will then be asked questions and researched to ensure their legitimacy. After buyers are screened, they will be asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Only after their screening and their agreement to our confidentiality terms will they receive your business’s offering document. This marketing strategy has been proven to be effective at both advertising sales and maintaining a sale’s confidentiality.
Outside of these confidential marketing efforts, your business’ sale will also be advertised through our proprietary database that contains a list of thousands of investors, industry professionals, and potential buyers that have already been screened and are registered within our system. This will both connect you with high-quality buyers and with those whom you may be unable to access otherwise.
At Morgan & Westfield, we are also regularly contacted by individuals who are interested in purchasing new businesses. Because our Cape Coral, Florida office is a member of the national Morgan & Westfield business brokerage firm, the individuals who contact any of our Morgan & Westfield offices can be referred to your business.
This is another advantage of our database. It enables business brokers at our other offices to refer potential buyers to your business. Thus, enabling you to reach a national audience of interested buyers.
Buyers who are referred to your business in this method will then be screened and asked to sign a confidentiality agreement to ensure that your confidentiality is always protected.
Business Brokers of Lee County Florida
At the Cape Coral, Florida office of Morgan & Westfield, we provide our business brokerage services exclusively to the communities in and around the Lee County Florida area. This includes the communities of:
Cape Coral, Boca Grande, Cayo Costa, Bokellia, Pineland, Pine Island, Captiva, St James Island, Sanibel, Sanibel Island, Suncoast estates, Palmona Park, North Fort Myers, Tice, Olga, Fort Myers Shores, Alva, Buckingham, Lehigh Acres, Gateway, Whiskey Creek, Villas, Cypress Lake, Iona, Harlem Heights, Punta Rassa, Fort Myers Beach, Estero Island, Estero, San Carlos Park, Bonita Springs and Fort Myers.
Each year our business brokers facilitate hundreds of successful business sales within these communities. These sales include companies of all sizes and in nearly every industry.
So, if you are a business owner in this region of Florida and you are selling your business, contact the Cape Coral, Florida office of Morgan & Westfield to learn more about how our business brokers can help you.