Services Offered by Morgan & Westfield, Orlando, Florida
In order to guide you through the successful completion of each step in the sales process, our brokers provide an array of business brokerage services. We will also be there to support you every step of the way and provide you with the necessary advice to ensure a smooth sales process. There are even many steps in the process that we can complete for you.
The services that our brokers provide include:
- Exit Planning
- Business Appraisals
- Confidential Marketing Services
- Buyer Screening
- Creation and Distribution of Offering Documents
- Performance of Due Diligence
- Negotiation Facilitation
- Deal Structuring Assistance
- Assistance Securing Financing or Assistance Structuring Financing Terms
- Closing Services
- Continuous Guidance, Advice, and Support
- Connections to Industry Professionals (Lawyers, Accountants, Bankers, Tax Professionals)
These services, coupled with our hundreds of years of combined experience in business sales, enable our business brokers to facilitate the successful sale of any business. Some of the benefits of utilizing our services and selling your business through Morgan & Westfield include:
- Access to a larger audience of high-quality buyers.
- Receive advice based on current market conditions from professionals with a deep understanding of the marketplace.
- Businesses sold through professional business brokers typically sell for a higher price.
- The sales process will be expedited.
- Your sale will be properly structured.
- Your sale will remain discrete, and confidentiality will be maintained.
- Your business will be accurately valued, ensuring accurate pricing and maximizing your profits.
- At Morgan & Westfield, we do not charge a commission, so your sale will be more profitable.
Common Seller Questions
One of the other key advantages of selling your business through our business brokers at the Orlando, Florida, office of Morgan & Westfield is that we will always be there to provide you with guidance and advice and to answer your questions. Some of the most common questions that we answer include:
- How long will it take to sell my business? Business sales can take anywhere from six months to a year. However, the exact time frame can vary significantly based on several factors.
- Why is discretion so important? It is vital that your business is sold in a way that maintains your confidentiality. Failure to sell your business discreetly can be damaging to your business’s reputation and profitability, decreasing your business’s market value.
- What can I do to maintain a confidential sale? There are two main ways in which you can maintain a confidential sale. First, it is best to tell as few people as possible about your impending sale until the sale has been closed. Second, anyone who is aware of your sale (including employees) should be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Do I need to finance my own sale? You are not required to finance your own sale. However, there are many advantages to financing your own sale, including you can command a higher price, you can charge interest on the purchase price, you will be able to pay capital gains over the life of the loan instead of in one lump sum, and business sales that are financed by their owner usually sell faster.
- How can I help to sell my business? One of the best things that you can do is to keep your business operating normally throughout the sales process. This will make buyers more willing to purchase your business and increase your business’s market value.
- Will I be required to sign a non-compete? When a buyer purchases your business they will usually require you to sign a non-compete agreement. This is a standard aspect of most business sales.
- Will I be required to train my buyer? As a standard aspect of most sales contracts, you will most likely be required to train your buyer. The exact time frame in which you will be required to train them will be outlined in your sales contract.
Business Brokers of Central Florida
Through utilizing our extensive knowledge of the sales process and the services that we provide, our business brokers are able to facilitate hundreds of successful sales each year throughout the Central Florida region. Specific communities within this region that we have been particularly successful in include:
Orlando, Winter Park, Union Park, Bithlo, Christmas, Port St. Johns, Titusville, Cocoa, Rockledge, Wewahootee, Lake Hart, St. Cloud, Narcoossee, Kissimmee, Poinciana, Haines City, Hunters Creek, Lake Buena Vista, Celebration, Polk City, Gibsonia, Kathleen, Green Pond, Withla, Winter Garden, Minneola, Clermont, Groveland, Mascotte, Mabel, Tarrytown, Webster, Center Hill, Yalaha, Apopka, Zellwood, Mt. Dora, Sorrento, Leesburg, Eustis, Pine Lakes, Altamonte Springs, Oviedo, Geneva, Farmton, Osteen, DeBary, Sanford and Deltona.
In addition to these specific communities, our business brokers have also facilitated countless successful sales in many of the neighboring communities in varying industries, including retail, tourism, hospitality, travel, food and beverage, manufacturing, technology, health care, entertainment, aeronautics and automotive.
These companies ranged in value from $50,000 to more than $75 million. With our extensive experience, our business brokers are capable of facilitating the success of any business in the Central Florida area.
If you are selling a business in the Central Florida area and you want to learn more about how our business brokers can facilitate your sale, contact the Orlando, Florida, office of Morgan & Westfield today.