Morgan & Westfield, San Francisco, California Business Brokers Services
At Morgan & Westfield, we provide several business brokerage services that can aid you as you navigate the sales process. Our primary services include:
- Assistance in planning your sale
- Creation of a comprehensive offering memorandum
- Business valuations
- Creation and implementation of a confidential marketing campaign
- Buyer screening services
- Assistance with the due diligence process
- Guidance throughout the negotiation process
- Assistance in securing financing for your sale
- Closing services
- Access to professionally crafted confidentiality agreements
- Connections to industry professionals, including:
- Tax professionals
- Real estate professionals (for assistance with property transfers)
- Other business brokers throughout the country
- Assistance in completing all paperwork to finalize your sale
Common Seller Questions
Of the services that our business brokers provide, one of the most important is guidance. Our business brokers guide you through every aspect of the sales process. We make it a point to be available to you at all times to answer any questions that you may have about Morgan & Westfield, your sale, and the sales process in general. Some of the most common questions that we receive include:
- How long does the sales process take? The time frame for your sale can significantly vary based on your specific industry and the dynamics of your marketplace. Normally, your sale will take anywhere from six months to a year.
- Why is it so important to maintain a confidential sale? Failure to maintain the confidentiality of a sale can cause significant damage to your business. If employees learn of your sale, they may consider working with another company. And if competitors discover your sale, they may see it as a sign of weakness or an opportunity to increase their market share. So maintaining a confidential sale is absolutely vital.
- Will I be required to finance my own sale? You will not be required to finance your own sale. However, if you have the resources to do so, there can be many advantages to seller financing.
- What are the tax implications of selling my business? The tax ramifications of your sale will vary based on how your business was incorporated as well as several other factors. Our brokers can also connect you to tax professionals who will ensure that your tax obligations are addressed appropriately.
- When can I tell my employees about my sale? To maintain a confidential sale, you should not inform your employees about it until the sale has been finalized. If you must tell an employee about it before that point, you should ask him or her to sign a confidentiality agreement before this information is disclosed.
- How do I know my business is being sold for the highest possible price? At Morgan & Westfield, we provide professional business appraisal services. This ensures that your company will be accurately valued and priced to guarantee that it is sold for the highest possible price.
Business Brokers of Northern California
At the San Francisco, California, office of Morgan & Westfield, our business brokers are dedicated to assisting business owners throughout Northern California as they navigate the sales process. Our brokers have more than 100 years of combined experience in facilitating business sales throughout this region. We are particularly experienced in facilitating sales in the communities of:
San Francisco, Sausalito, Muir Beach, Stinson Beach, Bolinas, Mill Valley, San Rafael, Richmond, San Pablo, El Cerrito, Berkeley, Orinda, Canyon, Piedmont, Emeryville, Alameda Island, Alameda, Bay Farm Island, Oakland, San Leandro, Castro Valley, Hayward, Sorenson, Russell City, Foster City, Bair Island, San Mateo, Hillsborough, Millbrae, Montara, Linda Mar, Pacifica, South San Francisco, Colma, Brisbane and Daly City.
Each year, our business brokers facilitate countless successful sales in and around these Northern California communities. If you are a business owner in this region and you are interested in learning more about how our business brokers can facilitate the sale of your business, contact the San Francisco, California, office of Morgan & Westfield today.