Local Business Brokers
Our team of professional business brokers has more than a hundred years of accumulative experience in facilitating transactions in Southwestern Connecticut.
Our experience has helped to establish a positive relationship with both business owners and industry professionals throughout this region. Our ability to leverage our relationships with local professionals represents one of the advantages of working with Morgan & Westfield.
We consider these other professionals part of our team and can ensure that you’ll receive the necessary assistance you need. We work to provide you with a variety of services that can help you with every aspect of selling your company.
Our brokers have successfully facilitated more than a thousand business sales in regionally and we average more than one hundred sales annually. We have sold companies of all types and sizes, including franchise sales and franchise resales.
If you are selling a business in Southwestern Connecticut, our brokers at Morgan & Westfield can help you, regardless of your company’s industry or size.
Facilitating Business Sales
At Morgan & Westfield, our brokers provide a set of services that are designed to make selling your business easier for you. Our services are meant to walk you through each process of selling your business as we work together to complete the entire process.
We can complete many of these steps in their entirety for you. We strive hard to ensure that your company will be sold successfully and you will never be on your own. Our services allow our brokers to be there with you at all times; from the moment that the decision is made to sell the business, to the moment that the sale is finalized.
The services that we provide include:
- Exit Planning: At Morgan & Westfield, we recommend that you begin strategizing an exit plan for your business as early as possible. Our exit planning service can help to accomplish this. You can begin exit planning at any time. In doing so, you will ensure that you are prepared when you decide that you no longer want to run your company.
- Business Appraisals: Our business brokers will perform a formal appraisal. You will receive a formal business valuation report based on this appraisal. This report will be helpful in determining an asking price and proving your company’s value to prospective buyers.
- Offering Document Creation: A 15 to 20-page document will be created that details pertinent information about your company for potential buyers. This document will communicate this important information to buyers and make them aware that your business is for sale.
- Customized Marketing Campaigns: Our brokers have developed a strategy for effectively marketing the sale of your company. This strategy is called confidential marketing. We will create an advertisement for your business to be posted on various websites that are frequented by potential buyers. These are buyers who are likely to be interested in your business. These advertisements include generic information, protecting the anonymity of your company. This protects your company’s value and your privacy. Interested buyers will be prompted to contact Morgan & Westfield for specific information.
- Buyer Screening: Morgan & Westfield will professionally screen all potential buyers before they are introduced to you. This will prevent you from wasting your time interacting with insincere buyers.
- Negotiation Facilitation: We will provide advice and guidance throughout the negotiation process. We will assist you in structuring the deal and work to make sure that negotiations are always as productive as possible.
- Assistance with the Closing Process: Our business brokers will assist you with all of the paperwork necessary to finalize the sale. We will also help you to make sure that all contractual obligations are met and the sale is closed successfully.
Our process provides more than the technical expertise to help you. Some of the additional benefits of using our services include:
- Saving Time: Selling your business can be complex and time-consuming. Most business owners do not have the time to do this and continue to run their company at the same time. This leads to mistakes and draws out the already long process. By doing the work for you, our business brokers are able to save you time. This allows you to focus on running your business, thereby expediting the process.
- Protection: We require all parties with knowledge of the impending sale to sign a non-disclosure agreement. We also provide advice on ways that you can protect your privacy. These activities work together to ensure that your privacy and your company’s value are always protected.
- Advice: Our business brokers will give you advice to ensure that common mistakes are avoided. This will protect your business and prevent costly setbacks.
- More profit in your pocket: Nearly all companies that are sold privately are sold for a price that is significantly below their value. Our business brokers can help you to avoid the mistakes that cause this to happen. We will do everything in our power to ensure that you get the best possible price for your business’s sale.
- Saving Money: Our brokers will help you to prevent mistakes that drag out the process and cost you money. We will also save you more money in comparison to other business brokerage firms. We do this by not charging a full commission like other firms do. We only charge fees based on the services that you need. This can save you thousands of dollars and it will allow you to keep the profits from the business’s sale.
Contact Morgan & Westfield, Stamford, Connecticut
Contact our local Morgan & Westfield office today to learn more about how we can help you sell your business. We can schedule you for a free consultation with our business brokers.
During this consultation, we will explain everything to you and answer any questions you may have. We’ll show you how we can help to facilitate the successful sale of your business. To schedule your free consultation, contact our Stamford, Connecticut office today.