Why You Need a Business Broker
Selling your business is your opportunity to reap the rewards of your years of dedication to building your company into what it is today. Given the potential impact of your business’s sale on your life, you cannot afford a sale that is unsuccessful in the long run.
Selling a business is unlike selling anything else, and most business owners have never been through the process before. A professional business broker can guide you through the complex process of selling your business and handle many aspects of your sale for you.
There are other reasons why you are better off selling your business with professional assistance, including:
- Price: Businesses that are sold by their owners directly almost always sell for a price that is below market value. This is often caused by the average business owner’s lack of experience with business sales. A professional business broker will have the knowledge and experience to facilitate your sale in a way that maximizes your sale price.
- Time: When business owners sell their businesses on their own, they are at a significant disadvantage in terms of time. This is because business owners must maintain their business’s daily operations while completing the time-consuming tasks of selling the business. The average business owner simply does not have the time to devote to both of these activities. When a professional broker is facilitating your sale, these time constraints are no longer an issue.
- Accurate Valuations: One of the most important aspects of any sale is establishing an asking price. If your business is not priced accurately, it will be difficult to attract a quality buyer. A professional broker will perform a formal appraisal of your company and ensure that your business is valued and priced appropriately.
- Confidentiality: One of the keys to successfully selling your business is maintaining a confidential sale. Failure to maintain a confidential sale can damage your business’s reputation and ultimately decrease your business’s value. Most business owners are unfamiliar with the steps they can take to maintain a confidential sale. When your business is sold under the guidance of our business brokers, they will take steps to ensure that your sale remains discreet.
- Access to Buyers: Most business owners lack the resources and ability to reach a large audience of high-quality potential buyers. This is not a problem when you seek professional assistance. A professional business broker can expose your sale to a large audience of potential buyers and connect you to many high-quality buyers.
- Faster Sales: Because the average business owner has many responsibilities outside of selling their business, they are unable to focus solely on the process of selling the business, which causes the sales process to slow. When your business is sold through a professional broker, they are able to focus all of their energy on selling your business and ultimately expedite the sales process.
Choosing the Right Business Broker
Given the high stakes involved in selling your business, it is clear why selling a business with the assistance of a professional business broker is preferable. At Morgan & Westfield, our business brokers are dedicated to being the right business brokers to facilitate your business’s sale.
This dedication is evident when you consider the fact that Morgan & Westfield chooses to operate differently from other business brokerage firms. Some of the key attributes that separate Morgan & Westfield from other business brokerage firms include:
- Ethical Service: All of our business brokers at Morgan & Westfield subscribe to the code of ethics that is outlined by the International Business Brokers Association. By operating based on this code, our brokers have earned a reputation for providing service that is based on an unshakable ethical foundation.
- Honesty: Our business brokers are committed to providing you with honest and professional service that you can rely on.
- Freedom: At Morgan & Westfield, we do not believe in “locking you in” with long-term contracts that force you to work with us.
- Quality Service: Morgan & Westfield has developed a reputation for providing a level of service that is superior to that of any other business brokerage firm.
- Experience: Our business brokers have hundreds of years of combined experience in facilitating business sales. This extensive experience gives our business brokers the knowledge to ensure that your business will be sold in a way that is conducive to a smooth sales process.
Business Brokers of Laredo, Texas
Our Laredo, Texas, office operates exclusively in the Southern Texas region. Our business brokers maintain a deep understanding of this local marketplace and have countless connections to other industry professionals throughout the South Texas region. This allows us to provide you with more accurate advice based on current market dynamics and ultimately enables our business brokers to better serve you.
Specific communities that our business brokers serve in the Southern Texas region include:
Laredo, Rio Bravo, El Cenizo, La Presa, Nye, San Ygnacio, Ramireno, Zapata, Escobas, Randado, Thompsonville, Aguilares, Oilton, Mirando City, Los Ojuelos, Bruni, South Fork Estates, Hebbronville, Las Lomitas, Realitos, Ranchitos Las Lomas, Freer, Ranchos Penitas West, Santo Tomas, Botines, Webb, Las Tiendas, Callaghan, Encinal, Artesia Wells, Cotulla, Los Angeles and Catarina.
Each year our brokers facilitate hundreds of successful sales within these communities and the neighboring communities that make up this region. To learn more about how we can facilitate the successful sale of your business, contact the Laredo, Texas, office of Morgan & Westfield today.