Selling Your Business With Morgan & Westfield, Madison, Wisconsin Office
At the Madison, Wisconsin, office of Morgan & Westfield, our business brokers offer services that will help you navigate through the sales process. Many of the more technically focused services that we provide will even complete several steps in the sales process for you.
Aspects of the process that we are not able to accomplish for you will be done under the guidance of our business brokers. This combination of technical services and guidance has been proven to be an effective means for facilitating successful business sales, and it can work for you, too.
Some of the most popular services that our business advisors provide include:
- Exit planning services
- Business valuations
- Confidential marketing campaigns
- Buyer screening services
- Negotiation Facilitation
- Assistance in securing financing
- Closing services
- Continuous guidance and support
One of the most important aspects of any business’s sale is the sale price. But before you and your buyer can negotiate the ultimate price, you will first need to determine an asking price.
Determining an asking price that is commensurate with your business’s true value is essential. If you overestimate your company’s value, you will set an asking price that is too high and price yourself out of the market. If you underestimate your company’s value and set too low of an asking price, you will prevent yourself from maximizing the potential profits from your sale. So accurately valuing and pricing your business is absolutely vital.
At the Madison, Wisconsin, office of Morgan & Westfield, our business brokers provide business valuations to ensure that you have an accurate understanding of your business’s value, which can then be used to set your business’s asking price.
The business valuations that we provide are based on our brokers’ appraisal of your business. When appraising your company, we will examine all of its aspects — both internal and external — that may impact its value.
All of our findings will then be compiled together and presented to you in a formal business valuation report. This report will include pricing recommendations, suggested down payment amounts, profit estimates based on our pricing recommendations, and our brokers’ opinion of your company’s value. All of the information in this report will be used to assist you in determining an asking price for your business.
However, it is important to keep in mind that the valuation that our business brokers provide is both an estimate and dynamic. Business values are somewhat subjective and can vary based on the individual who is performing the valuation.
Many factors can impact a company’s value, several of which are completely outside of your business’s control. Because these factors can change anytime, so too can the value of your company. For this reason, you should regularly consult with our business brokers about your business’s value and make an effort to maintain a flexible view regarding your company’s value to account for the various dynamics that can affect your business.
Factors That Will Impact Your Business’s Value
Learning about the variables that will influence your business’s value will aid you in understanding how and why your business’s value is changing. It will also help you adapt to these changes and compensate for them in other areas. Some of these factors include:
- The overall economic condition of your marketplace and industry.
- How comparable businesses are being valued and sold.
- How your business is performing in relation to your competition.
- If your business or a competitor launches a new product line or service.
- The diversity of your client base and your ability to attract new clients.
- The ease with which a buyer can take over your role or replace key staff members.
- The ability of your buyer to retain all of your business’s property and equipment (including leased property and equipment).
- The reputation of your company among suppliers and customers.
Business Brokers of Dane County Wisconsin
At the Madison, Wisconsin, office of Morgan & Westfield, our business brokers are dedicated to helping the business owners in and around the Dane County area as they go through the process of selling their business. In addition to assisting company owners in Dane County, our brokers are also committed to serving the business owners of many of the surrounding counties that make up this region of Southern Wisconsin. Specific communities that we serve include:
- Dane County: Madison, Maple Bluff, Middleton, Waunakee, Dane, DeForest, Windsor, Sun Prairie, East Bristol, York Center, Marshall, Cottage Grove, Deerfield, Cambridge, Rockdale, McFarland, Kegonsa, Stoughton, Rutland, Brooklyn, Oregon, Fitchburg, Belleville, Paoli, Verona, Primrose, Forward, Daleyville, Mount Horeb, Vermont, Mazomanie, Pine Bluff and Riley.
- Columbia County: Lodi, Lake Wisconsin, Arlington, Poynette, Lowville, Otsego, Fall River, Dekorra, Wyocena and Rio.
- Green County: Dayton, New Glarus, Exeter, Monticello, Attica, and Albany.
- Iowa County: Hollandale, Waldwick, Jonesdale, Arena, Barneveld, Ridgeway, and Dodgeville.
- Jefferson County: Waterloo, Hubbleton, Watertown, Ebenezer, Milford, Lake Mills, Aztalan, Johnson Creek, Cold Spring, Busseyville, Fort Atkinson, Sullivan, Farmington, Concord, Oakland, and Jefferson.
- Rock County: Union, Evansville, Fulton, Edgerton, Milton, Magnolia, Footville, Orfordville, Afton, Johnstown, and Janesville.
Each year, our business brokers facilitate hundreds of successful sales in these communities and in many of the neighboring communities in the region. These sales include companies in nearly every industry and that range in value from $50,000 to more than $75 million. Our brokers’ extensive experience in business sales throughout this area uniquely qualifies us to facilitate the sale of any business here.
If you are selling a business in Southern Wisconsin and you are interested in learning more about the various ways that our brokers can make the sales process easier for you, contact our Madison, Wisconsin, office today to schedule a free consultation to discuss the unique circumstances of your sale. One of our brokers will also discuss our services with you and explain how we can help you overcome the challenges of selling your business and ensure a successful sale.
To schedule your free consultation, contact the Madison, Wisconsin, office of Morgan & Westfield today.