Selling Your Business with Morgan & Westfield
Selling your business on your own can be challenging, but at Morgan & Westfield, we make it easier. Our business brokers provide services that are designed to facilitate the successful sale of any business. Our services will complete each step in the overall process of selling your business. These services include:
- Exit Planning: Our business brokers will help you plan a strategy for when you decide to move on from your business.
- Business Valuation: At Morgan & Westfield, we provide business appraisals. After your appraisal is completed, you will receive a formal business valuation report. This report will be helpful in determining the asking price that you set for the sale; it will also formally prove the current value of your company to potential buyers.
- Marketing: We have established a system at Morgan & Westfield for marketing business sales confidentially. We create an advertisement that contains only generic information about your company, and interested buyers are then directed to contact the New Haven, Connecticut, office of Morgan & Westfield for specific information. These ads are posted on a variety of popular listing websites. When a prospective buyer contacts Morgan & Westfield, he or she will be screened and asked to sign a confidentiality agreement before being given further information. Marketing business sales in this way has been proven to be effective in discreetly advertising businesses for sale.
- Buyer Screening: All buyers are thoroughly pre-screened before receiving any information about your business or being introduced to you.
- Due Diligence: Our business brokers will assist you in preparing all of your information for your buyer’s due diligence process. We will also help you in researching your buyer so that you both can have access to the necessary information to make an informed decision.
- Negotiation Facilitation: During negotiations emotions can run high. This can lead to a breakdown in negotiations or slow the process considerably. Our business brokers will facilitate negotiations in a way that prevents these breakdowns. We will advise you on negotiation techniques before negotiations begin, provide advice throughout the process, assist you with possible deal structuring solutions, and work to continually move the process forward. Our business brokers will also help you avoid common negotiation mistakes and help you keep perspective throughout the negotiation process.
- Closing: Our business brokers will provide deal structuring advice, assist you with securing funding, help you with the paperwork to finalize the sale, and aid you with the completion of all of the contractual obligations that are related to the sale.
- Support: Our business brokers will always be available to answer your questions, provide advice, and guide you through each step in the process. At Morgan & Westfield, our support means that you will never have to go through any part of this process alone.
The Benefits of Selling through Morgan & Westfield
By providing you with these services, we ensure that each step in the process of selling your business will be successfully completed. Several other benefits of selling your business through our business brokers at the New Haven, Connecticut, office of Morgan & Westfield, include:
- Price: Businesses that are sold with the assistance of our business brokers tend to sell for prices that are significantly higher than if they were sold privately.
- Time: We save you time by completing many of the tasks associated with selling your business for you. This allows you to focus on running your business and managing your other responsibilities.
- Faster Sales: Private business sales almost always take longer. This is because the lack of time and experience causes mistakes that draw out the process. Our business brokers will prevent these issues and continually move the process forward, thereby expediting the sale.
- Protection: Our business brokers will provide you with advice to prevent common mistakes. This will protect you from making errors that could be costly.
- Confidentiality: At Morgan & Westfield, confidentiality is important. We will do everything that we can to ensure that your information is always secure. This includes maintaining your confidentiality and protecting your company.
- Cost: Most other business brokers will charge you both fees and a commission — we do not do this. At Morgan & Westfield, we only charge you specific fees based on the services that you require, and we never charge a commission. This can save you thousands of dollars off of the price of working with a commission-based broker.
- Service: At Morgan & Westfield, we place an emphasis on providing high-quality service based on a solid ethical foundation. As a result, you will receive a level of service that is unmatched.
- Freedom: We, at Morgan & Westfield, will never ask you to sign a contract. This enables you to take your business to another business broker if you feel that you are not receiving the level of service that you deserve.
Business Brokers of New Haven, Connecticut
At the New Haven, Connecticut, office of Morgan & Westfield, we provide our business brokerage services to the business owners of our local communities. These communities include:
New Haven, West Haven, Branford, Guilford, Madison, Old Saybrook, Essex, North Branford, Clinton, Westbrook, Stratford, Northford, Hampden, Wallingford, Durham, Middlefield, Middletown, Cheshire, Naugatuck, Middlebury, Waterbury, Southbury, Newtown, Shelton, Monroe, Easton, Fairfield, and Bridgeport.
Our business brokers have more than 100 years of combined experience in facilitating business sales within these communities. This experience gives us an unmatched level of knowledge about the local marketplace and is the reason we are able to facilitate hundreds of local business sales each year.
To learn more about Morgan & Westfield and how our business brokers can put our knowledge to work for you, contact our office today to schedule a free consultation. During this meeting, we will get to know each other and discuss what our business brokers can do to help you sell your business. To schedule your free initial consultation, contact the New Haven, Connecticut, office of Morgan & Westfield today.