Selling Your Business With a Professional Business Broker
At Morgan & Westfield, our number one priority is helping you sell your business successfully. When we say that we will help you sell your business successfully, we do not just mean in the short term. Many business brokers consider a sale successful if both sides reach an agreement to purchase the company and a down payment is made. At Morgan & Westfield, however, our standards for a successful sale go far beyond securing a down payment and agreeing to a deal. Some of our criteria for a successful sale include:
- The sale must be properly structured to prevent disputes or fundamental problems that may nullify the sale or lead to repayment problems.
- Funding must be secured for the sale.
- The sale must be financed in a way that makes repayment possible.
- A buyer must be found that is capable of running the business to its potential, thereby increasing the likelihood of successful repayment.
- Terms of the sale must be clear so that all parties are aware of their obligations, and all obligations must be completed by all parties in a timely manner.
- Negotiations must conclude amicably, as the buyer and the seller are likely to have mutual interests going forward.
- Terms of the sale must be agreed to that are mutually beneficial for all parties.
At Morgan & Westfield, our business brokers subscribe to the philosophy that a sale is only successful if it works for all parties in the long term. Simply securing a down payment and a signed purchase agreement is not enough. Our emphasis on working to ensure that all sales that we are involved in are completed successfully based on our high standards is what separates Morgan & Westfield from other business brokerage firms.
Services for Business Sellers
In order to attain a successful business sale, our business brokers must first ensure that each step in the sales process is completed successfully. In accomplishing this task, we offer services that were designed to address each step in the overall process of selling your business. These services include:
- Exit Planning Services: Our business brokers help you plan for the sale of your company.
- Business Appraisals: Our business brokers perform a formal valuation of your company. After your company, industry and local market are analyzed, you will be presented with our findings in the form of a formal business valuation report.
- Offering Memorandum: We will create a document summarizing pertinent information about your company for prospective buyers to review (after they sign a non-disclosure agreement).
- Marketing: Our business brokers will create a confidential marketing campaign to advertise the sale of your business.
- Locating Buyers: Through our marketing efforts, our business brokers will find and present you with several potential buyers for your company.
- Buyer Screening: We will skillfully screen buyers to ensure their legitimacy and qualifications.
- Negotiation Facilitation: Our business brokers will guide you through the negotiation process, offering advice and support to ensure that a mutually beneficial deal is reached.
- Closing Services: We will assist you with securing funding, structuring the sale, completing all of the necessary paperwork and ensure that both parties satisfy all of their contractual obligations in relation to the sale.
Business Brokers of Bridgeport, Connecticut
In order to provide you with the necessary guidance and advice to ensure that your business is sold successfully, it is vital that our business brokers have a deep understanding of the local marketplace. Through our more than 100 years of combined experience in facilitating sales within the communities of Southern Connecticut, we have acquired extensive local knowledge.
These communities include:
Bridgeport, Stratford, Milford, West New Haven, New Haven, Orange, Shelton, Derby, Ansonia, Trumbull, Monroe, Easton, Redding, Brookfield, Bethel, Danbury, Newtown, Ridgefield, Weston, Westport, Norwalk, New Canaan, Darien, Greenwich, and Stamford.
By operating exclusively within this region and some of the neighboring communities, our business brokers have developed a unique understanding of the local marketplace. This enables us to better serve local business owners and facilitate more successful sales, with an average of more than 100 successful business sales within these communities each year.
Contact the Bridge port, Connecticut, Office of Morgan & Westfield
If you are a business owner in this region of Southern Connecticut and you are considering moving on from your business, our business brokers can help. Simply contact our Bridgeport, Connecticut, office to learn more about Morgan & Westfield and how we can assist you in the sale of your business. We will schedule a consultation with one of our brokers, where you will have an opportunity to have your questions answered, receive professional advice and learn more about the business sales process. We will explain all of our services and what specific steps our business brokers will take to ensure that your company is sold successfully. The best part of this initial consultation is that it is completely confidential and it comes with no obligations, plus it’s free. So you have absolutely nothing to lose by meeting with one of our business brokers. To schedule your free consultation, contact the Bridgeport, Connecticut, office of Morgan & Westfield today.