Ryan Goral is the founder of G-Spire Group; a company focused on helping entrepreneurs, executives, and small business owners acquire companies. G-Spire Group provides an outsourced option for adding fractional corporate development executive services to mid-market companies growing through mergers and acquisitions. Ryan has over 15 years of experience focused on working with small businesses providing creative financing solutions, and adding value through all aspects of executing an organization’s growth and mergers and acquisitions strategies.
Ryan graduated from the University of Denver and earned his MBA from the University of Colorado at Boulder with an emphasis on Entrepreneurship. Ryan also has his M&AP (Mergers and Acquisitions Professional) certificate through the IMAA (Institute for Mergers, Acquisitions, and Alliances).
- What is outsourced corporate development? [1:17]
- What companies are suited for outsourced corporate development? [2:38]
- What are the prerequisites an owner should have in place before they start pursuing growth? [5:10]
- Why is it important that the acquirer’s operations are running smoothly before they make an acquisition? [7:07]
- What is the most challenging part of making an acquisition? [8:25]
- What should a first-time owner-acquirer be prepared for? [11:12]
- The corporate development plan phase [15:16]
- What is the most difficult part of preparing the target list and the actual outreach phase? [17:53]
- What is the next step after the outreach? [21:39]
- Factors in making an offer [26:01]
- What is the next step after an offer is accepted? [29:54]
- What goes through the buyer’s mind during due diligence? [30:50]
- The integration process [32:35]
- What advice would you have for owners of middle-market companies thinking of growing through acquisitions? [35:30]