Alessandro is a Corporate Development and M&A expert who has delivered over $6 billion in growth through strategy definition and subsequent execution of organic and inorganic initiatives for startups and Fortune 500 corporations. He has M&A experience as an acquirer, target, and advisor with broad exposure in North America, the EMEA region, India, and China.
During his career, Alessandro has identified, pursued, negotiated, and integrated numerous M&A deals. He applies a high level of operations, sales, finance, IT, HR, legal, and cultural understanding to manage national and international acquisitions. Alessandro has an Executive MBA with Disruptive Strategy training through Harvard University.
- What does corporate development mean? [1:10]
- How does corporate development work in big companies like Google? [6:40]
- Is there a strategy difference between deals in the U.S. vs. in Europe? [8:33]
- What is the most difficult part of corporate development? [17:10]
- What’s the secret to corporate development success? [19:10]
- What is the way to get a large number of corporate development people to agree on a long-term strategy? [25:15]
- What role do emotions play in corporate development? [28:55]
- What have been some changes that COVID has brought to people, the economy, and business practices? [35:20]
- What impact does a down market have on companies using their stock as consideration in acquisitions? [44:21]
- How important are the fundamentals and the technical knowledge in M&A? [51:55]
- Is corporate development cyclical? [59:08]
- Advice for those who want to enter corporate development. [1:03:00]
Listen to Other Episodes