Orrin Klopper is the CEO of Netsurit, an IT and security management services firm, which he co-founded 24 years ago during the lead-up to Y2K. At the time, Orrin and his partners saw an opportunity to provide managed outsourced services for companies. Netsurit has grown and established 5 locations around the world and been recognized by MSPMentor as a global Top 100 MSP (Managed Service Provider) for 9 years running.
Orrin is always innovating and looking for new ways to work. His people-focused leadership leads his team’s incredible, aspirational culture and dream program. He is a passionate Microsoft Partner committed to serving employees and clients by nurturing and realizing their dreams.
In addition to his role leading Netsurit, Orrin is active in the Young Presidents’ Association (YPO) and the Entrepreneurs Organization. He has a Bachelor of Commerce degree with a focus on Information Systems, and he earned a master’s diploma in Entrepreneurship from the M.I.T. Sloan School of Management.
- What does Netsurit do, and how can outsourcing CTO and operational support services help some companies? [1:30]
- How did Netsurit decide on using acquisitions as a growth strategy? [9:00]
- What advantages do private equity (PE) firms see in the managed service provider (MSP) space? [16:20]
- What metrics could be used by corporate development to implement ownership and alignment post-acquisition? [28:57]
- Is there a downside for the corporate development position from the perspective of calculating their performance measurement? [33:00]
- What is the current salary range for heads of corporate development? [38:51]
- What financial information is typically gathered before putting together an LOI for an acquisition? [45:25]
- What is the most challenging part of the acquisition process for the seller? [50:12]
- Advice to entrepreneurs considering growth by acquisition to protect their legacy. [1:02:08]
Listen to Other Episodes