Jay Goldman is the Co-Founder and CEO of Sensei Labs and a New York Times best-selling co-author of The Decoded Company. He and his team at Sensei Labs work to build smarter workplace solutions through technology. Their collaborative work management platform SenseiOS® is now being used by Fortune 500 companies around the world to run business-critical projects including transformations, M&A, product launches, and procurement operations.
Jay frequently speaks to teams and companies about the Future of Work, including at TEDx. NASA, Harvard Business School, Google, and Twitter’s World Headquarters.
Jay is a member of the Forbes Technology Council and the Harvard Business Review Advisory Council.
- What is the definition of enterprise orchestration and portfolio orchestration? [1:35]
- What type and size of transactions might benefit from using enterprise orchestration and portfolio orchestration? [4:26]
- What value do PE firms see in enterprise orchestration and portfolio orchestration? Is this a new era for private equity? [9:06]
- To what extent are acquisitions and integrations considered a science versus an art? [15:39]
- What are the challenges for a company in accumulating data and capturing organizational details in a system rather than the information being just in employees’ heads? [18:01]
- What themes are common in large-scale transformations in M&A? [22:10]
- What’s the biggest challenge with transformations and acquisitions? [24:35]
- What will be the impact of the increasing rate of change with technology, and how will this influence private equity? [35:00]
- How do private equity firms act as agents of transformation within an organization? [37:09]
- What role does the unpredictability of decision-making have in value creation and in orchestrating a transformation within an organization? [42:20]
- What will be the most difficult issue for businesses moving forward over the next five to 10 years? [50:58]
- How can a business consider climate change as a data problem? [54:30]
- How is orchestration a critical factor in successfully navigating any transformation? [56:45]
Listen to Other Episodes
Acronyms or Terms Used in This Episode
- KPI – key performance indicators
- AI – artificial intelligence
- ESG – environment, social, and governance concerns
- LPs – limited partnerships